Budget billing for Commerce energy is not computed the normal way which is estimating your average use where over the course of the year you or the company shouldn't owe anything.What was not made clear to me was that they were going to low ball what I owed on my bills and adjust over the course of the 5 year contract.
So for example, in my first month with Commerce Energy I used $211 worth of electricity. Commerce Energy charged me $20 for budget billing even though my prior bills with BGE averaged $75. Their $20 charge for the first 3 months made it look like I was saving money with them. However, during those first 3 months I was racking up a rather large bill noted in small print.
By March, I owed $628. While yes, it was shown in the bill and I missed it I didn't know their budget billing wasn't really going to be budget billing. When I moved and didn't want to continue with Commerce Energy I was hit with an $800 bill. How can that be I asked if I was on budget billing?
Isn't it your responsibility to do as close an estimate as you can, being maybe within plus or minus $200? I was told that's not how they do budget billing. Their plan is to adjust your budget billing amount over the course of 5 years so that by the time you reach 5 years you owe $0. What kind of budget billing is that?
Had I known that was how they computed budget billing, I never would have signed up.Please stay away from Commerce Energy.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Door-to-door approach of selling
- Budget billing
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Commerce Energy Residential Electricity Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The Lerman Law Firm (Cathy Jackson Lerman, PA) today praised WPTV investigative reporter Jenn Strathman for her efforts to lay out key steps that consumers should take to protect themselves..."
- "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqeSXcXm3ug This is my personnal experience with the Bully Jeff Harmond.. The owner of Missouri Wind and solar is verry VINDICATIVE against anyone that dont buy his product.. Even people that..."
- "Filtered Carlsbad, Ca water became undrinkable after only 1.5 weeks: NEW 23 cup dispenser and NEW Zerowater filters used. Sterile technique was used during setup; standard lab exclusion..."
- "I've bought well over $200 worth of clothes from Rosewholesale, and as of now, I cannot give them a great review, because NOTHING that I ordered and received looks like..."
- "Ordered heart guard from petflow, when the package arrived I opened it at my mailbox in my car. The second I opened the box hundreds of ants swarmed out..."
- "Interesting, at the time of you placing your complaint, was the same time my paint on my santa fe started the same peeling, in the same places. I love..."
- "The Clearance rack at the Vallejo Ross NEVER has more than one dress for sale in Women's sizes 18-24. The manager fails to keep it stocked. Photo: October 22nd...."
- "On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 3:35PM, I went to KFC on Patton Avenue in Asheville, North Carolina to get the usual Liver dinner. I completed the mykfcexperience.com survey on..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."