Budget billing for Commerce energy is not computed the normal way which is estimating your average use where over the course of the year you or the company shouldn't owe anything.What was not made clear to me was that they were going to low ball what I owed on my bills and adjust over the course of the 5 year contract.

So for example, in my first month with Commerce Energy I used $211 worth of electricity. Commerce Energy charged me $20 for budget billing even though my prior bills with BGE averaged $75. Their $20 charge for the first 3 months made it look like I was saving money with them. However, during those first 3 months I was racking up a rather large bill noted in small print.

By March, I owed $628. While yes, it was shown in the bill and I missed it I didn't know their budget billing wasn't really going to be budget billing. When I moved and didn't want to continue with Commerce Energy I was hit with an $800 bill. How can that be I asked if I was on budget billing?

Isn't it your responsibility to do as close an estimate as you can, being maybe within plus or minus $200? I was told that's not how they do budget billing. Their plan is to adjust your budget billing amount over the course of 5 years so that by the time you reach 5 years you owe $0. What kind of budget billing is that?

Had I known that was how they computed budget billing, I never would have signed up.Please stay away from Commerce Energy.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Commerce Energy and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about commerce energy residential electricity service at Commerce Energy was door-to-door approach of selling, scam and budget billing Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Commerce Energy.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Utility category for more informed decision or compare Commerce Energy to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Commerce Energy?

Comments