Budget billing for Commerce energy is not computed the normal way which is estimating your average use where over the course of the year you or the company shouldn't owe anything.What was not made clear to me was that they were going to low ball what I owed on my bills and adjust over the course of the 5 year contract.
So for example, in my first month with Commerce Energy I used $211 worth of electricity. Commerce Energy charged me $20 for budget billing even though my prior bills with BGE averaged $75. Their $20 charge for the first 3 months made it look like I was saving money with them. However, during those first 3 months I was racking up a rather large bill noted in small print.
By March, I owed $628. While yes, it was shown in the bill and I missed it I didn't know their budget billing wasn't really going to be budget billing. When I moved and didn't want to continue with Commerce Energy I was hit with an $800 bill. How can that be I asked if I was on budget billing?
Isn't it your responsibility to do as close an estimate as you can, being maybe within plus or minus $200? I was told that's not how they do budget billing. Their plan is to adjust your budget billing amount over the course of 5 years so that by the time you reach 5 years you owe $0. What kind of budget billing is that?
Had I known that was how they computed budget billing, I never would have signed up.Please stay away from Commerce Energy.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Door-to-door approach of selling
- Budget billing
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Commerce Energy Residential Electricity Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "In Filter Mode the spa does not pull water through the filter. Virtually no suction. For past three weeks I have sent photos and mpegs to the Dimension One service..."
- "I am an ex-employee for EcoWater Systems, and I wrote this letter years ago but was unable to find proper resolution to my issues and believe posting it here may..."
- "I purchased a Piazetta wood stove through an installer who obtained it from Pacific Energy. The unit broke down every 2 weeks it was used during the winter of 2013-2014...."
- "We got a new roof that is now in our falling piece by piece in to our yard. This is not the first time either. September 20th is when the..."
- "Big man Lane recliner, went to recline and spring busted flew across room and just missed my flat screen, & my big window. WG&R where I bought it will not..."
- "HEY EVERYONE PLEASE DO THIS SO WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT THERE TO LET MORE PEOPLE KNOW THIS IS A SCAM If you been scammed by preview models please..."
- "I've bought well over $200 worth of clothes from Rosewholesale, and as of now, I cannot give them a great review, because NOTHING that I ordered and received looks like..."
- "Ordered heart guard from petflow, when the package arrived I opened it at my mailbox in my car. The second I opened the box hundreds of ants swarmed out..."
- "Interesting, at the time of you placing your complaint, was the same time my paint on my santa fe started the same peeling, in the same places. I love..."