Budget billing for Commerce energy is not computed the normal way which is estimating your average use where over the course of the year you or the company shouldn't owe anything.What was not made clear to me was that they were going to low ball what I owed on my bills and adjust over the course of the 5 year contract.
So for example, in my first month with Commerce Energy I used $211 worth of electricity. Commerce Energy charged me $20 for budget billing even though my prior bills with BGE averaged $75. Their $20 charge for the first 3 months made it look like I was saving money with them. However, during those first 3 months I was racking up a rather large bill noted in small print.
By March, I owed $628. While yes, it was shown in the bill and I missed it I didn't know their budget billing wasn't really going to be budget billing. When I moved and didn't want to continue with Commerce Energy I was hit with an $800 bill. How can that be I asked if I was on budget billing?
Isn't it your responsibility to do as close an estimate as you can, being maybe within plus or minus $200? I was told that's not how they do budget billing. Their plan is to adjust your budget billing amount over the course of 5 years so that by the time you reach 5 years you owe $0. What kind of budget billing is that?
Had I known that was how they computed budget billing, I never would have signed up.Please stay away from Commerce Energy.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Door-to-door approach of selling
- Budget billing
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Commerce Energy Residential Electricity Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "In summary, Florida Energy Water and Air (Edgewater - corp) http://www.fla-ewa.com installed my Rainsoft system incorrectly. They plumbed it into the irrigation lines. (I had initial concerns about this from..."
- "My first experience with the Zero Water system was in Georgia. It was very positive: water tasted great, filters lasted a long time. Only 1 person in the..."
- "On August 29th 2014 I bought $125 of K-1 Kerosene for my indoor Kerosene heaters to start getting ready for winter.I had just put new wicks in my 3 heaters..."
- "I've bought well over $200 worth of clothes from Rosewholesale, and as of now, I cannot give them a great review, because NOTHING that I ordered and received looks like..."
- "Interesting, at the time of you placing your complaint, was the same time my paint on my santa fe started the same peeling, in the same places. I love..."
- "Ordered heart guard from petflow, when the package arrived I opened it at my mailbox in my car. The second I opened the box hundreds of ants swarmed out..."
- "I purchased a whole house system from Rainsoft which included a softener, carbon filter, reverse osmosis, air ionizer and some laundry system thing called a Cleanstart. Well after a year..."
- " We arrived at the Red Roof Inn Sharonville Ohio we checked in and took showers As We Lay Down we noticed there were two roaches crawling on the wall..."
- "I recently bought a Pro-Form 225 CSE Elliptical. Once we try it we noticed how much the machine rocks. We try different surfaces, adjusting the feet and tighten up the..."